PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 25th Mar 2006, 01:04
9M-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisercruiser
Hi there,

Read in this thread that you currently have 2 PPL students? So I assume you are an instructor with a malaysian flying club? Care to share your route to success with us? Like how you came out with the huge amount of cash required, how you got your first flying job and how you reached your current position, etc. It is definitely encouraging to know of a fellow singaporean who did it the hard way.

Cheers
Ok...didnt know i leak out my job that way heh. Anyway yes i am an instructor with a malaysian flying club but i will not say which one. For me the journey is a tough one. I started learning to fly while in Aus doing my degree. Got my PPL there and came back to singapore. Knew working as deskjob is not my ideal working life. Also i just cannot get over flying therefore i seek out revenues that can help me move on in this line.

Search around singapore and dont really see much prospect. Therefore i went to malaysia to learn flying. Converted my license to a malaysian one and from there began to clock hours by flying around malaysia. (To be an afi one needs 150hours solo time.)

Thereafter went to KL for 3 months to do my instructor rating course. Life in KL is tough...bad weather, bad living condition due to cheap motel..sigh

After i got my instructor rating began to teach. I must say teaching something u love is really a nice thing to be doing. The sense of satisfaction when students go for their first solo or pass their ppl is sensational. Anyway after accumulating 500 total hours, i am eligible to take the UkCAA papers and i took a total of about 21 papers technical and navagations. Did a CPL flight test and got a CPL. Afterwhich i continue to do the ATPL papers which are actually the same as the CPL papers. Just doing it another time and got my frozen ATPL.

So thats my life so far..wanted to give up many times due to many obstacles but there is just one thing that kept me goin :- the passion of flying. Cheers