PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2006, 20:00
hawke eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watch your 6,
You still don't get it!
This topic isn't about how you percieve the seniority system or what hope YOU have for its future.Or whether you think I talk out of my sphincter( which we are all probably guilty of to some degree from time to time), or that it works ok for your wife.
Pegasus got it right when he said its a worry when the agenda is taken out of your control! That is the issue!

The seniority system is currently being decided upon not by what we think here. What we think is irrelevant. What is relevant is what the commission determines. What is relevant is what the FAAA can do to intervene.
After reading Pegasus post I am very concerned. It appears rather than attempt to negotiate a compromise which is what I believe most commissions look to, the Short Haul FAAA stated they intend to fight it.

The FAAA need to hire a serious bunch of lawyers and get some realistic opinion defining what place seniority, and how the allocation of work in relation to seniority stands; within the current work environment today and how the law views it. They might also get difinitive opinion on what is considered discrimination and whether it bears any relevance.

I wonder if deciding to fight this the S Haul FAAA have already got their legal opinion?
History suggests that Long Haul FAAA should not wait to see what Short Haul FAAA does. Lets hope the FAAA Long Haul are all over this and treat it with the seriousness it deserves. As stated earlier i would like to see change but only change brought about with the involvement of the Long Haul FAAA on all our behalfs.Despite what many have said in the past about our union leadership and our petty squabbles from time to time I have faith that our current leadership will prove themselves up to the challenge.
It will certainly put there abilities to the test and their reputations on the line.Whatever we all may think of different individuals you should all be thinking right now that we are lucky to have a strong leadership of the Long Haul FAAA.Lets hope they can salvage something out of this.

If Short Haul are fighting this issue just for the sake of protecting conditions and standing on their principilled dig when the goal posts have obviously moved then that is the same mentality that got us in this situation.Let us hope FAAA Long Haul initiative prevails!