PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ba euro fleet lgw
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2006, 13:40
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Originally Posted by WeLieInTheShadows
I don't know how a many seats on our LGW 777's, or the configs.
We have 737 300/400/500 at LGW, we also have 1 A319 witha second joining us for the summer schedule.
And before you ask, conversion on to the Airbus is done on seniority and is very popular as they have some lovely trips.
Ok guys, I hope I can clarify a few things.
I did my OOF course yesterday and had the pleasure of having a discussion with his majesty Director of Flight Operations.

A319 not expected to come this summer, they are planning to keep crew's recency for some ad-hoc work (eg. we run out of 737 one particular day and airbus will come down from LHR to help us out.). Once we're all on the 777 they will use spare 777 to cover 737 shortages combining flights together as they have done lately (BCN, MAD, MAN, EDI).

LGW short haul new fleet proposals to develop within 2 years but only if it becomes profitable again.
Nobody could answer the question why EF LGW isn't profitable.
BTW, ALL our 737 can be configured for club europe + euro traveller or single euro traveller cabins.

NEW CREW: those who join between now and may/june will be trained on 737 only. they will get trained on the 777 afterwards. We need them so that the more experienced/senior people can start getting trained on the 777 from the beginning of july without compromising the shorthaul operation.

As for the new agreement: There's something we're signing for that I totally disagree with. Days off after being called out on stand by for a LH trip.
Table page 25 Example 2b : the company will allocate 2 days off after returning from the trip IF OPERATIONALLY FEASIBLE otherwise they'll just give one day off and we're required to be on duty the following day while not being acclimatised because we haven't achieved a 3rd consecutive night of rest.
I think this is outrageous as the company will always find a reason for it not to be operationally feasible. We cannot sign for the company to do what they want. I've had a discussion with one of our union reps who said "well, at the end of the day the one we had before was much worse". Unecceptable answer from a union rep who should act in my, his own and our interest, not the company's!!!!

Sorry for this, I really needed to vent it out.

FBW