PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I burned?
Thread: Am I burned?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 21:12
spernkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you are not burned but you will find that the truth about employment leans more to A320rider than with others. The VAST majority of FATPL holders gradually drift off to other avenues in life. Thankfully for the vested interests(airlines, approved course providers etc...) those who give up do so quietly and discretely and do not attract attention to the grim reality or their "failure". A320's posts bear the marks of one who will not go quietly.....just cos he doesn't say what you want to hear does not make him wrong.
That said you can get there just dont give up the day job or close your eyes to other opportunities.
I've had some real useless twats get work and competant pilots take 5years to get a break. I have no respect for airline recruitment that puts cv presentation over practical flying skill. When you have seen their procedures select 3 subsequent failures on the type rating course you have to wonder if they wouldn't be better doin a few circuits in a little plane rather than applying psy tests and choosing the smoothies who cant fly!
Dont take rejections personally as the industry is so bizarre that you should do your best whilst sort of not taking it seriously in a way!
Good luck to you.