PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 10:54
billkill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, cargo or mainline, it's been known in the industry that SIA ain't a very good employer. But also, how much you like it depends on yourself. I remember when I was in training and started flying, I encountered many problems. Girlfriend left me, argued with superiors, and etc. In summary, life sucked when I was serving the bond. But things worked itself out. Am happily married with an understanding family, work's smooth sailing...for the moment.., and etc. I feel every company has it flaws, especially management wise...and sometimes you just got to sit in there and hang tight till better opportunities come around.

for pax, an average is about 75hours...ranges from 68-80 actually. sometimes it can be more no doubt or less. I have friends in Cargo and some love it some don't. Those that do, do complain about positioning. But they make the best out of positioning flights instead of sitting there wasting time away. Thos that hate positioning and all mainly have families to think about and I guess would rather spend time with family than with those "pretty" stewardesses...haha it's all about personal lifestyle and preference I guess.