PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's up down there?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 23:29
trimotorman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, thanks for the input gentlemen.

Yes, I know things are not rosy anywhere anymore, but we're talking about degrees. And a change of scenery will do us good!! Things had a lot further to fall here, and for us, they've really crashed. So what I thought was going to be "retirement" won't be, meaning at my airline we've all lost our defined benefit retirement plan, in addition to taking upwards of a 60% paycut, plus turning the clock back 50 years on our basic working conditions. Bankruptcy has taken care of all that. Myself, I can expect only appox 5 - 10% of what I was planning on before, from the govt agency that insures private pension plans. Yeah, and it's all legal. It's happening to ALL major industries in this country, what's left of it. There's mounting concern that even General Motors Corp, once the world's largest corporation, may soon file for bankruptcy in part to wipe out it's enormous pension and healthcare liabilities. Throw in a lying, cheating, corrupt administration in Wash DC that's well on the way to bankrupting the whole country, starting wars when they feel like it, and ... well, you get the picture. Without getting into a big social, political and economic discussion, we know it's time to leave.

So, I'm actually looking forward to picking up and starting all over again. And with a little help from my friends there in the neighborhood, I can get a feel for what's in store when we get there.

Thanks again fellas!!

P.S. - ys120fz, the tri motors are 12 yrs in the B-727 (all 3 seats) and 3 yrs in the DC-10 right seat. Now, those were the days!!!