PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 23:27
CARGOJOCK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
faheel,

you are right we all do agree that the MAINLINE BOYS get the plum flights.

we second class cargo lads get the scraps. one cargo jocky says he just carries extra fuel 5T although i disagree with his attitude, the wrong perseption is spreading and just imagine if everybody starts doing this. the fuel bill will be over the moon.

i just cannot see why the flight are not shared or let the cargo boys the priority on cargo flights and the mainline boys on their flights.

it is said that the old bold types on the 744 fleet that cannot cope with conversions to newer aircraft like the 777 and upgraded avionics are the real rascals behind these unprofessional rostering methods.

well they do not want cargo pilots joining in as they think the cargo lads fly inferior, however the mainline boys are the guys that avoid ANC/CPH/NKG during the winter periods.

most of the unstable landings are done by mainline crews that fly on cargo aircraft as they get caught out due to the increased landing weight. however the statistics go as cargo so the dedicated cargo pilots get the mud.

ask all the FO they enjoy flying with cargo pilots as they show more experience and the cockpit enviorment is calmer.

but we will just have to keep at it as the bond keeps ringing in my mind.

take care you all that want to join SQ CARGO remember you pax more than you fly.