PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transformation in SA Aviation - going nowhere slowly (like this thread)
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 18:32
wheels up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PUUULEAAASE!!! What a load of horse-sh*t. I can't name a single SAAF trained pilot amongst my colleagues. I was denied entry to SAAF and SAA due to the colour of my skin - should I demand compensation? We're talking about levelling the playing field in the current generation here, not ancient history - where exactly do we draw the line? I would love to have been a WW2 fighter pilot but was disadvantaged by having been born in 1971 - so unfair! Apartheid died over 15 years ago, the cold war is over, the Berlin wall is no more - deal with it and move on - the rest of the world has.

"Passion is impossible with ignorance. As you would agree, Aviation industry is significantly small in SA and even today not too many black people know about aeroplanes and jobs in Aviation."

Huh??? As a kid I knew nothing about aeroplanes - I had to get off my arse and go and find out for myself. Nobody stoked my passion - it was entirely self inflicted. In fact, my family actively discouraged me from getting involved in commercial aviation (should have listen - you were right dad).

Now you want the passion handed to you on a plate as well. Oh dear, you will never understand...

"Blacks are as capable if the playing fields are level."

What are you blabbering on about??? The field is sloping all the way downhill if you are black and can recognise the subtle differences between a brick outhouse and a Spitfire.

Change comes from within.

Last edited by wheels up; 22nd Mar 2006 at 20:05.