PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transformation in SA Aviation - going nowhere slowly (like this thread)
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 17:51
Afriviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mhfourie, the history of South Africa has everything to do wih the figures. Black people were oppressed. That means it is was a job simply not open to anyone except a white man. I'm not sure where you come from, but this is a fact everyon e in South Africa knows. Things should have started changing after the 1994 elections and guess what 11 years later no sgnificant change.

Passion is impossible with ignorance. As you would agree, Aviation industry is significantly small in SA and even today not too many black people know about aeroplanes and jobs in Aviation.

Now you can harp all you like about hard work and passion etc, fact remains, most experienced pilots in SA today were bred in the SA Airforce, Was it open for blacks? Negative Sir.

Now you can work hard all you like to earn your wings, blacks need the same opportunities that were given to whites during the years of apartheid and level the playing fields. And that has not happened in SA albeit the numeous complaints and moaning about the very few that have been afforded the opportunity.

The contention that have resulted fom my posts on this thread is because of the reality I have exposed that despite the tough competition that exists in Aviation today, this is only a tip of the iceberg as the majority of the population still has to be accomodated in this wonderful career. off course the truth hurts.

Passion, Hardwork, dedication, commitment and ability to accumulate experience are not unique qualities to white people. Blacks are as capable if the playing fields are level.

We need a rainbow aviation industry in a rainbow nation.