PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When did BMA A320 pilots get an ATC licence????
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 07:41
rolaaand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC- If i had to tell every crew in the Talla sector why i had them on a heading safety would be compromised-not nearly enough time my friend.Bear in mind that the headings you are on going into EDI are purely because the controlled airspace we have is a load of bollocks. It really is quite a pronounced corner to turn round at ESKDO for TARTN. Which is why you might be on a heading almost towards LANAK when you get the level restriction abeam TARTN. As 10W says why don't we cut out all the little niceties for a while. I won't like it as I'll feel I won't be doing my job properly but it might make pilots sit up and realise how much effort we put in to getting them on thier way as quickly as possible.
As an aside and just to prove it's not just BMA-kept hold of an EZY inbound to GLA yesterday longer than I would normally have done. Two and a half minutes before LANAK and passing 120 I asked his speed- "Oh 300 but we can do what you like". Hmm. My curt reply that he should be doing 250 didn't go down too well.
DFC- I've named another company there, so before I get the fairness police speech-Scottish D Watch.