PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - difference in IR and IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 22:34
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 March;

Originally Posted by Fuji Abound
Not this old chestnut again!
My examiner has asked the CAA whether the minima are advisory or mandatory - the answer was they advisory. We ignored the advisory limits at my last renewal, and I was very happy to do so.
Followed by today;

Originally Posted by Fuji Abound
It leaves me out on every count, I don’t actually fly
I think that we can leave it there!

---------

Julian, I was intentionaly using the exam times which should have been obvious. The reason was that the exam time is a good indicator of the depth of questioning (or the number of multiple choice questions).

I say that the ATPL exams have nothing to do with the IR because that is currently the case. Look up who provides groundschool for the IR and ask them.

Your figures for the PPL/IR take-up in the system should include the full system. What are the European wide figures now compared to pre JAR-FCL?

One of the reasons for the poor take-up could be the bad press that people who never did the course put out and unfortunately people believe rumours.

Also, many of the figures quoted do not include air fares, accomodation, exams, paying for groundschool, etc etc which knock large chunks off your quoted figure. Add to that your other half and the kids complaining about you using the family's holiday for flight training. For many, it is actually easier and more cost effective to do the IR in Europe.........note that I said Europe.

Regards,

DFC