PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 17:34
jetrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
velloo....

sorry,...i really can't tell you what was done with the info then, years ago. however i know that when i mentioned it verbally to the boss then, it was not new, as that was actually after an incident that happened before. and, i was informed that they had already informed "dunno who" about it, etc.

but, nothing happened....although the 310 incident got the ils back immediately. one wonders. anyway all this is history. however, the risks are just as high now as it used to be then, when the ils is off. it's the problem of the min. vectoring altitude against the fif height difference. and all the other stuff put together. it's just that too many of the ingredients would be available for that perfect recipe for disaster.

and somehow, kch seems to be the perfect "oven" for it. the only silver lining to it, is that the runway extension ongoing, once completed, should, take one of the "ingredients" way,.....

ah, please,another ILS on the other side for our 3rd/4th? busy strip of tar would definitely help us all.