PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When did BMA A320 pilots get an ATC licence????
Old 21st Mar 2006, 15:08
danceswithsheep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the SLP. Take it as abeam the 10d TLA or whatever it is. You are given headings to seperate and expedite(in that order) so plan on that point or 3 mins to the hold.
EGPH have made some changes to us on how we work together and hopefully they will make the situation easier. What we want to avoid is the hold for no reason and draconion speeds late on where as we can start the process at 80 miles and make it easier.
I know its tough to descend and reduce speed, therefore making level restructions tough. We are reasonable and think of how often you get the short cut, direct centre fix, or what have you.
The service you receive from my colleagues I believe is not perfect as we are mostly humans down here, but its not far off and when in a bind, they are people I am proud to have worked with.
Just help us to help you, and come on over for a drink.

PS How about this, every time you miss a speed limit point or get caught doing excess speed, its 3 points and a £30 fine. should make Christmas fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!