PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - difference in IR and IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 14:14
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"That is called ducking under."

No its called going on and on and on and .. .. .. repeating myself. I think we have got to grips that you have one view and those of us with our Kelloggs have a different view - best left at that.

"That leaves you out on both counts."

It leaves me out on every count, I don’t actually fly, just keep on dreaming and studying the books.

"What I say is that it is in need of a drastic revamp."

We do know. The trouble is you haven’t produced any evidence to support your argument, other than all these mythical IMCRs ducking under non existent minima, getting themselves lost and flying the wrong way around non existent SIDs.

Rustle

"Which bit am I correct about"

All of it.

On to serious business.

As 540, Julian and others have commented a very simple comparison of the FAA IR and JAA IR theory demonstrates, the JAA is far more difficult to pass. More difficult to pass does not mean more difficult to pass academically. I cannot imagine how anyone who had done either, let alone both, could possibly argue a contrary case. There is also a hint - if the electorate dont vote for you there could be a reason.

Why do almost no private pilots do the JAA IR now. Consider how many took and passed the exams last year!!! Frankly it is a disgrace.

There are far too many who go on supporting this ridiculous system (and would make the IMCR all but worthless as well) while GA is slowly dying on its feet.

Imagine some of the most changeable weather in the world and yet there are some who would delight in perpetuating a system that struggles to get a double figure number of private pilots instrument qualified!

Forgive me but those proponents cannot honestly examine their conscious and believe this is a sound system.