PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When did BMA A320 pilots get an ATC licence????
Old 21st Mar 2006, 11:30
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for the purposes of fair play, having named the company involved could dances with sheep provide their watch at ScACC?

When ATC vector a flight off a standard route they should give the reason. It is the lack of communication between the ATCO and the Pilot that causes confusion.

I think that dances with sheep could try to remember that pilots do not badger them half as much as they should if we were to stick to the rules!

How often are flights put on vectors that "appear" to be taking us past the hold (clearance limit on the arrival) but we are not told if we will be turned towards the hold at a late stage or if we are being vectored towards base.

How often are we at a speed restriction that is above the holding speed but we have not been told that we are being vectored past the hold.....do we ask to slow up for the hold?

I am on a vector passing tartan but have not been given a clearance beyond the clearance limit and ATC are busy.......do I a) plough on or b) comply with my clearance limit as issued by ATC and turn towards the hold fix while trying to contact ATC?........not everything that the ATC operatives do is perfect either so perhaps both sides needf to look at what they do!

Having said that, I would not question an ATC instruction designed for sequencing or separation just because it looked like we were being placed number 2........what would we crow about all those times we were number 1.

Regards,

DFC