PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Berlin, please help.
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 07:49
Alpha_India

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used to work for them for years- and I won´t challenge all those negative aspects about Air Berlin mentioned in here: THEY DO HOLD TRUE!

However: Let me just draw your attention to some MINOR (?) but additional aspects that prospective applicants should bear in mind:

-You don´t have to pay for your T/R, but you´re paid on a lower scale in the first year, resulting in a paycut of approximately € 400 NET per month compared to the payscale applying for whose that joined with a valid rating. You´re only bonded for one year after line check (the maximum legal periode in Germany anyway), so you could (theoretically) take your 900+ hours after 12 month and those 4800 Euros difference in salary would have been your contribution to a 20 K+ Type-Rating that will persist in your licence. Not that bad, is it?

-Social and working climate is probably one of the best in Europe as fare as you´re clever enough to stay out of constant complaining and bitching about things that you´ll be unable to change anyway. Be sure: You will hardly find a bunch of airline employees anywhere that compares to Air Berlin employees-- especially to the young and h*+*y cabin attendants. Guess what layovers in spain are there for ?!

-Command perspectives are very good if you mentally suceed in contemplating four stripes with Air Berlin as a TEMPORARY measure of personal improvement and as a valuable point for your next CV instead of something that will last forever. Tell you: Last year, lots of us (them) have gone to outfits like Cathay and Emirates-- guess why!

It´s right: Albeit the two mentioned non-Germans, I haven´t seen any new "foreigners" (you know how it´s meant) getting employed during my time.

It was the best thing that could happen to me at the stage when I got in. But be aware that you´ll have to suceed in taking an adequate dispand at the right time!

Conclusion:
If you´re willing to join, know what that all is about. Get in, get hours and enjoy some beneficial but secondary aspects, get out.

Simple as that.

Last edited by Alpha_India; 21st Mar 2006 at 08:07.