PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 21st Mar 2006, 01:43
9M-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by demandpump
Thanks for the info 9M-. Do you know the history of the place? When it started? Who owns it. Is it government funded? What happened to the original LATC?

Also, do you know how I can contact them? None of their email addresses are working. And the "submit" button on their enquiries page doesn't seem to be working as well.

If there are not enough instructors, wouldn't it be easy to hire new foreign ones? I'm sure there would be many instructors in Australia who would meet the hour requirements for license conversion?
HM aerospace used to be LATC nothing had changed just that they change the name. Company is still the same. HM SDN BHD is a malaysian company who deals not only in aviation but in shipping lines as well. The school was around for a few years now but only started actively in the last year. Government funded i dont think so but MAS and airasia recognised them and send their cadets to them for training.

I will try to get the contact for you. i have 2 students who are waiting to get in there.

Hiring foreign instructors are easy. The only thing is they come for 2 years then they will go after the contract ends. Therefore malaysian schools prefer to employ their own people which are so rare. Next better choice people nearby like singapore, indonesia etc.