PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'F15 Board of Inquiry Report - Support Group Response
Old 20th Mar 2006, 17:21
Lima Juliet

Received 83 Likes on 34 Posts
Why is everybody so hung up with the GCM evidence and the BOI evidence? The BOI, which was convened twice, the first had to stop when the Grampian Police started and then when the RAF Prosecuting Authority started bungling along, utilised new evidence and older material - hence they came to different conclusion to the GCM and the part-finished initial BOI.

I would like you all to think of the BOIs (the final finished one and the unfinished initial one) and the GCM as 3 seperate events. Now wouldn't that be unbiased?

On my understanding the final BOI (the finished one) did some pretty good RADAR interpretation work using a civil outsourced, and totally unbiased, company. The results of which I believe point to a very high possibility of the plots being the final few seconds of the US Airmen's lives; the RADAR data in the GCM, as I understood it from my source that it was in error by a mile or so (a misplotted RADAR head - I believe). Secondly, some altimetry calculations that were also in error in the GCM.

All of these facts are, I believe, in the main text of the Board's final report. Maybe, Mr Doleman you should ask for details on these from the FOI team - if they don't appear in the copy that you have.

I personally still remain unconvinced as to the Larig Ghru routing. To get into low level and fly a circuitous route and then crash at the height, in the formation, at the same point, on the same vector as the final radar picture - seems a little too unlikely. But hey, I'm just as in the dark as anyone else as to what happened and stand to be corrected.

LJ

PS I still can't understand why there is no ADR and RADALT on the F15C, even after this tragic event!!!