PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2006, 15:15
MrBeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair

I am one pilot thinking about joining Ryanair. I have read on pprune and talked to former colleges of mine now working in Ryanair.

They all say the same. It is exacly what you imagine.

Reason nr1. You know you will have work for a very long time.

Reason nr2: Home every night.

Reason nr3: Stable roster

Reasonnr4: Very good money

Reasonnr5: Good aircrafts.

It would be nice to here what experience those of you now working for Ryanair had before you joined them.

Let me tell you mine before you all start telling me not to join Ryanair.

I hade to pay my own Typerating five years ago. Since then I have been in six different companys. A few on contract, a few as regular employe. But I have been very lucky. Only with out work for totaly 6 month. Belive me you dont sleep at night.(Reasonnr1)

On contract you are either in Asia during winter or on 6 month in Europe. The money is about half what Ryanair offer.(Reasonnr4) Normal 8 days off/month with maybe 4 in one seq. Roster always changing. But one thing fore sure. Home=never.(reason2 and3)

As regular employe the money is about 1/3 of what offered by Ryanair(Reasonnr4).And everybody know your company loses money, year by year. It is all about seniorety. But anyway it is about knowing the right people for uppgrade. And always in fight with managment . You get less and less from the company.The only good thing is a pretty stable roster but forget birthday of your family and friends.(Reasonmr2and3)

I do not want to tell you Ryanair pilots to calm down and you shold definitely not agree to this new agreement if you feel it is that bad. But I can tell you it is the same story in every company. Take it or leave it. Its company way or the high way.Sad but true.

Everyone has to pay for typerating theese days, in every company. Definitely when you are a junior. Ryanair started it. You bought it, we pay for it.

There are two things that are important.
  • Toppay. This is what you ryanair pilot really should fight for. Everyone joining Ryan will reach command position in aviation absolutely shortest time. So the start pay is almost of no interest. Turn on every penny is no fun. But it is only for a very short time.
  • And yes I have respect for those of you only on standby after typerating. This is not acceptable.

Every managment lie to you. Always same story with vacation. And reading about Easyjet, BA and Flybe roster, let me tell you. They are not that good. Not to mention Air Berlin. Been there, done that and we are pilots because we want to fly. Right?

And I see 5 very good reason to work for ryanair.