PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 20th Mar 2006, 13:18
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solutions Yeah!

Found one tonight, wife cooking, I wanders in, ‘hows it goin luv?’
“Good, get the filo out of the fridge please,”- duh - feelow - phillow, or duh- ‘what’s it look like?’ “F_I_L_O,” ‘Oh yes of course.’ Then it’s, “damm it’s mouldy, bloody wet weather, there is another,” - hmmm - damm it’s mouldy too! Been a long day! Wife is in hover OGE - language or tears? Hart-damm – think, quick!
Who was that last student? yes oogle boy, solutions he said, smart man; I says as I invite wife to sample a Petit Verdot from the house of R.L. Buller and Son, smart man, his shout next.

Real solutions OZ industry not so easy, quad A are leading the way, they are organised.

OZ is anything except organised historically. There was lots of work way back when, Whitlam got in - exploration shut down - everyone bolted.
Mustering got going big time - the big clean up programs finished - everyone bolted. Musterers now between 1500 and 10k experience in OZ, bugger all.

National Safety Council (NSC) started up - good training - it got going - it went broke - everyone bolted. Not so good now.

Dedicated EMS units get going with the new machines just available to do it with – every outfit, almost every machine, has a different company - no collusion – no organisation – no lobby. Standards interpretation?? VMC – IMC ??

The coppers get going – not too bad it seems – now they’re a-shooting each other. I wonder will the nationalising of the road rules lead to the same idea here - one police wing OZ wide. After NSC every one is scared maybe.

P68 advice to Texdoc - yes and now muster outfits look for stock skills first, then they just learn to read and write and - they bolt – to Canada or somewhere. If you are inclined to know cattle take heart and persevere. Another box to tick!

Positives;
Musterers and military have provided skilled pilots. Tourism is an opening – all must have good basics - choose flying schools carefully.

I think back a bit, HAA, Ticehurst, Tyler - very good men - with a few others too, but industry is way too diverse and – tyranny of distance – all that, maybe a new push with the better comms of late? These keyboards??

The only time musterers got together they got one good F/D rule out of it. Some say musterers should have their own organisation like quad A, oh yeah! And what, one for EMS – Offshore –etc –etc? Blarney.

A solution may be - one voice - one country - one language – can a new HAA do it? Industry needs a filter, communicator and a voice, just to be known, before it hammers out procedures, techniques etc.
TET

Thanks deeper, I was wondering about my info, Qld and all.
Oogle - yes, and dyslexic and my glass is empty, and ocker mate reckons I’m an outsider; I’ll play along with anyone until they go outside the curve then lookout!!
Blave, it won’t hurt you, we won’t tell anyone. I work on a theory that if you want someone to learn or do something for themselves, like putting the collective down; you must first have their attention. Turning the engine off is one way- in real recalcitrant cases you can follow that with a nonchalant, hows the RPM doin Einstein?—oh course I don’t suggest this for an R22 but there is issues that will cover them.