PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 19th Mar 2006, 14:37
cruisercruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zelin
Well, anyone knows of any prospects in the Singapore aviation industry for the ladies? It certainly seems like it's a dead end, esp with SIA not accepting females into their cadet pilot/flight instructor programme. Sigh~
Hi zelin,

All hopes are not lost if you are keen on flying with SilkAir.

I know an NUS senior (who handed her FYP project down to me after she graduated in 2002) who applied to silkair, got her interview, passed it. She's now flying the A320 as a FO. She was one of 2 girls in the batch of cadets who started training sometime late in 2002. Those were the times when SIA and SilkAir held different recruitment exercises and interviews. Its different now.

I hope I can help by passing you her contact when I get back to singapore in 2007 so that you can ask for advice. Apologies I can't do it now cos I've temporalily suspended my sg starhub account and her number is in my sim card. Meanwhile read up, look around for options and NETWORK! Look up and never give up!

Cheers,

cruiser