PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If not Emirates, then where to ??
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2006, 13:13
readytocopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with EKwife. We all say we wouldn't do it, but given a chance to go DEC onto a 777 or Airbus we would all do it. To increase our pay, job security and marketabilty of ourselves.

Emirates is there to do business and make money and will do whatever it takes, hire whoever it wants to sit in the left seat if they think safety is being compromised. It is their airline and we are all expates here.

Not to defend them, I personally think they have not given the current FO's enough credibility in doing the job from the other seat. The day when we get away from this BS ..."lowest common denominator" and see that some of our FO's were very experienced Captains, or perhaps very experiences FO's from the States, Canada or wherever and can fly circles around some captains, then only will the upgrades happen.

I hear that and it irks me. I am not a local cadet pilot that started flying yesterday.

Its funny if someone left here and went back to europe and got a DEC on a 737, flew 3 years could come back here and be worthy of the left seat.

Last edited by readytocopy; 20th Mar 2006 at 05:52.