PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will AO crew become JQ Int. or QF Mainline Crew
Old 19th Mar 2006, 07:18
cherrie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel J*I

For all those wondering i have heard along the great galley gossip grapevine that our first international ports will be phuket and then honolulu,these apparently have been approved already & first international ground school is nearing its completion. We as J* cabin crew have been hearing also that our domestic progression into international will be merit & seniority based with QF management going through individual files to decide on progression.

But in all honesty with the EBA being voted down (thank god!!!!) i wouldn't be suprised if J* ends up employing OS like it did with our New Zealand routes. Why pay us (jack all) when 10,000 a year is like gold to thai people????

And just a querie off the topic can cabin crew at QF or AO please inform me can you do BOC flying signing off at say 0530 then sign on again at 1730 the same day following a duty of up to 9hrs45??? This is what they are expected us to vote yes to in this voted down EBA. Do you blame us for voting no???

We may be a low cost airline but why should we be expected to work for less??? Are we all not part of the same team???? I understand yes you do more work ie full service (which I would Love to do) overnights, wide bodied aircraft etc but why should we always be thought of as the lower group, we are all high standard individuals.