PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots ready to fight Jetstar in court
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2006, 02:09
ys120fz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote Ronnnie Honker:
BTW, ys120fz, the miniscule amount of flying you did overseas doesn't qualify you to represent yourself to other Jet* pilots as anyhing other than what they know you as.
Aviation is such a tiny world, isn't it!

Ronnie my friend, you are obviously mistaken. Firstly I am not a Jet* pilot.
Secondly I currently fly international ops and have done for many years. Maybe I need to edit my profile to make it easier for you.

Again quote RH:

It's rather strange then that those "quaqlity products" weren't able to cut it overseas - China Airlines, Silk Air, Emirates.
Jet* has been the saving grace that has permitted those "quaqlity products" to retain a job flying, because almost to a man they are rejects from the jobs they tried to get overseas, hence the (miserable) salaries they are on now, and that they accepted, knowing their true worth.

I too have seen the quality of former AN guys and their standard is GOOD. I would think very few didn't cut it elsewhere, but many went home to work for a lot less in a country they enjoy living in, aren't treated poorly, and which is safe.

Relax 737 has it right.
The size of the wheel IS inversely proportional to square of the size of the the size of the brain that keeps it turning

Jetsbest, I agree with all you say but will the court. I bet QF management will be arguing the case that it is not economical for them to operate, and they will pull out completely and not replace the route with Jetstar if they lose. It will beinteresting to see how the court sees it.

I think, going back a while, that most of us saw it as Jet* not operating across the same routes as QF at the same time, but Dixon seems to be attempting to get around that by just replacing QF with Jet* on certain routes, Melbourne- Darwin being one.

In fact, I've booked to travel on that Qf flight in a few weeks, some time before Jet* is scheduled to start ops on the route, but was called last week and told it was cancelled and I would have to travel via Sydney. It seems the dirty tricks department may already be swinging into action.

Are any QF crew able to confirm the loads, generally, on the MEL-DRW route?

Last edited by ys120fz; 19th Mar 2006 at 06:26.