PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 19th Mar 2006, 00:27
demandpump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zelin
Well, anyone knows of any prospects in the Singapore aviation industry for the ladies? It certainly seems like it's a dead end, esp with SIA not accepting females into their cadet pilot/flight instructor programme. Sigh~
Hi zelin, nice to know there's another lady who's keen to fly. Thanks for the insightful knowledge on the current situation at SYFC. There was this other young Singaporean lady who just completed her Aussie CPL/MEIR who pmed me. I replied her but havn't heard from her since. Wonder how's she doing now. Maybe she's quietly training in one of our budget carriers?

Originally Posted by zelin
u can be an AFI in Malaysia just by holding a PPL
Is this possible? I thought you can't earn a revenue job with just a PPL? Unless you teach for free?

cruisercruiser:
If you already have a degree, I would advice against going to massey. Too expensive. Just get a normal CPL will do. In the meantime, if you're keen to fly, just continue doing what you're doing, not only to save the money for flight training later on, but also to build experience in your current job. Because this will be your back up plan should your aviation dreams not work out. Having said that, if you want to go to MFA, I suggest sending the application early, cos they're saturated. I just made some enquires and was told to send in the application form minus the payment and medical cert so that they can keep it in view. Wonder how long I'll have to wait. Probably very very long.