PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 17th Mar 2006, 13:42
cruisercruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 9M-

If you are looking for opportunities in malaysia with a CPL , DCA will require you to have total PIC time of 500hours before you are eligible to take the written ATPL/CPL papers. They will not convert your licence until you have sit for all the papers.

Working in malaysia as an instructor i would say is of a higer possibility than compared to working in singapore. Many post in singapore are reserved for the ex air force pilots. Anyway what i think is the best path if if you can afford go ahead with the CPL and be prepared to have to work as an instructor to clock your hours.
Hi 9M-,

Thanks very much for the info! Very helpful indeed.

Some further questions. If I get a malaysian license, what do you think are the chances that I will find employment other than being an instructor in MFA? I am aware that getting employed as an instructor in MFA is difficult especially so since I'm singaporean? Do you know of other flying clubs in malaysia where we can clock our hours? I know of a FRAS in johor.

I believe the instructor in SYFC who told me to get a written blessing from the club's GM before I embark on my course in MFA meant to tell me that I must make sure they are willing to convert my malaysian license to the singaporean one. If they are not willing, like what you said about the controlled aviation in singapore, I will not be able to fly in sg. Thats why I need to knwo about options in malaysia.

looking forward to your reply,

cheers!