PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transformation in SA Aviation - going nowhere slowly (like this thread)
Old 17th Mar 2006, 13:17
Afriviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transformation is slow in SA Aviation, Who is doing anything about it? No one. The parastatals maybe, some of them. The people in general aviation who are mostly white, wish there wasn't any transformation. I am not going to repeat the principles behind my argument, which have been repeated over and over again in this thread.

The industry needs to come up with solutions to redress the situation, not me not any of you ppruners. All other industries are doing it. look at the accounting, engineering and those fields. Folks it's just a matter of time that the government picks up on this and something is forced down on the industry.

This is not my squable, I've made an observation and yes it's true. Clearly the topic has generated a lot of interest judging by the number of responses, unfortuntely most hitting at me and not addressing the problem.

Day in Day out people in this forum complain of BEE etc. I say the complaining is not warranted judging by the severe lack of representitivity in this industry.

Now let me repeat this, Afriviation is not creating a problem, the problem exists because of this country's history.

Here is the conservative stats

Out of more than 3000 commercial pilots in SA, less than 150 are black, that's less than 5%. In a country with more than 85% black people. disgraceful indeed

Lastly if I'm talking so much kak, why are you even bothering to honour me with your responses and lowering yourselves to my level?