PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Nigerian One
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2006, 10:32
oba_idan_amani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Metro man
Unfortunately blacks have shown themselves unable to successfully run a country, with one or two exceptions such as Botswana. Why does most of Nigeria's population live in poverty when it has vast oil wealth ? I am not a racist just a realist. In my new job I am going to be working for non whites (Singaporeans), now these people do impress me with their ability to run a country and an airline.
Well left to you, blacks should never rule any country. You guys in South Africa (wont like to generalise) will rather come and do it for us, wont you. Thank God this Apartheid thing was stop, its this damage the guys (SA government) are trying to put right. Am sure since your are convinced blacks are stupid, you will have been looking at conquering the whole of Africa by now. Then you will be able to fly their planes around, be worshiped by the blacks guys and be treated as God by the black guys (you ****).

I don’t see your point regarding credit cards and frauds on this thread. That is another issue entirely, which if we go into, then I will blame the guys that have fallen victims. Let me give you some explanation regarding this so called fraud. There is always someone who has come across some millions (illegally) that needs to be ferried across to some banks in Europe or somewhere. In some cases this is genuine and not in others. You get to hear about the cases that are not. I will say, why help transfer money from a poor nation outside the country, if you get scammed and complain, you should be thrown in Jail (Beheaded if I was the president)?

With regards to Nigerian licensing, then you are talking with your ass wide open on this one. For a start, Nigeria does not in itself issue ATPL (CPL, yes, after you have spent donkey years at Zaria). You go to a country like the UK, US, Canada or even SA, get your ATPL there, then it gets converted to a Nigerian ATPL. What ATPL exams are you talking about anyway.

Can you also please enlighten us on the airspace Nigerian airlines have been banned from operating. Bellview Airlines stills fly into London and India on Nigerian registered planes. Very soon, Virgin Nigeria will be de-registered and will be flying everywhere with Nigerian crew including the US (one the DOT agreements has been sorted out). Afri Air has the right to fly into Spain from Nigeria, and are in the process getting a A330 or B767 (to be Nigerian Registered) for this operation. ADC also has the right to fly into Brussels, again from Nigeria. What are you talking about men. Have you flown with Nigerian pilots ? They are everywhere, middle-east, SA, British Airways, KLM, Easyjet, Ryanair, Das etc.

I can not comment on Air Zim, but I hope one of the guys working over there can at least come up on this forum and say something. I know there will be two sides to the stories. I wont be surprise, if people with your ideas are the ones behind the downfall. If you believe you are African, why run away to Singapore, stay here in Africa and help change it.

With regards to Nigeria, being ridden with poverty, I cant dispute that, but it will change. The government is doing something about corruption, governors are arrested left / right and centre. Things are getting better, and we are here to put in our own quota. We will get there, Europe and America went through the same thing. We will survive.

Oba Idan Amani