PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Nigerian One
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2006, 08:40
oba_idan_amani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nigerian One

"If you can slip in to SAA, get a decent type rating and some experience, and then go somewhere else while the SA licence is still well regarded. Remember the scandal a while back about licences for sale ? How much longer until your CPL/ATPL has the same status as a Nigerian one ?"

Metro Man,
What has the Nigerian CPL got to do with what you guys are talking about. For a start, most Nigerian Pilots have licenses from other countries, including SA (most only now come there because its harder to get US visa). Most of us in Nigeria know you guys in SA to be as racist as ever. I personally have observed all threads about SAA, and am always amazed at the racist comments. Most of us were glad Vigin was invited to be our Flag carrier, and you demostrated this to OBJ, before he kicked you lot out.

Quote:
"Getting back to my original point - OUR national carrier is in a difficult situation. They need crew! The supply of suitably qualified black pilots has been exhausted. Yet they are still being prevented from hiring experienced white South Africans. Would you prefer to see non-South Africans fulfill the necessary slots, in order to obtain your colour quota? Nigerians etc? "

Julliet-Echo,
Whats wrong with Nigerians coming in to fill the quota. We have a lot of SA guys flying in Nigeria and other parts of Africa. They are even paid more because of thier skin colour. I keep on telling guys here in Nigeria, I have lived amongst you people and I know your reasoning process. Africa is not made for SA whites pilots only, thank God people are starting to see that. Learn to accommodate the other Africans. If you feel you are not African then leave. We will learn our to govern ourselves. Europe was not build in a day, think about all the wars that was fought. We will get there.

PS.
Extracts from the "Upset South African" thread currently running.

Oba Idan Amani