PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small Business Aircraft 6 seat - Best Choice?
Old 17th Mar 2006, 07:35
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dllcooper,
what do you mean by: Another priority is that it must be a widely used type and model so that my experience and hours can be easily transferable. ?

Transferable experience? You wanna switch to another employer afterwards ?
If so, the Beech should be your first choice, the classrating is for the 90īs (including F90), 99, 100, and 200. The Cheyenne, especially the II is NOT an beginners aeroplane - the 90 is much easier to handle and systemwise the better aeroplane. Spares are not a problem on the KA, the Cheyenne is out of production for a long time now and might get a problem in that respect.(havent operated Cheyennes since 1991 and thus can speculate only). The Conquest I is a very good airplane, does a lot for the money and is roomy inside (basically a 421 with Turboprops) And its very quiet inside if I remember correctly (flew in one 92-93ish). I this class of aeroplane, the maintenance is really important - if you have a shop on your airfield that knows the choosen type very well, that could save you a fortune especially when operating elder airframes as you would. Whatever you go for, make sure that you have a torough pre-purchase inspection done by an independent, well established shop. DONīT SAVE ON THAT ONE! Do at least a boroscope inspection of the engines - those will KILL you when in bad shape.(at least financially) Only take an airplane that is up to date in respect of Service Bulletins. Avionics get more and more important (mode-S, for example) Make sure, the aircraft in question is updated or updatable. get something in writing from the prepurchase avionics departement.
And finally, put a simulator training on your budget.