PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft Strikes Fin on Cable During PFL
Old 16th Mar 2006, 22:40
scotavia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Astonishing he is not even a member

Get a grip mad Jock says, phew thats a lot coming from some one who sits shouting from the side lines. Before I was a civvy I served at Kinloss, so do know a lot about the club and its genesis. The ethos of the RAF is safe operation ,even the title of this forum originates from a wartime flight safety publication. So you can be certain that any flying club operating as part of RAF adventure activities comes under far more scrutiny than a civvy club. There is even a need to adhere to an RAF flying order book. I have visited about ten civvy clubs over the past twenty years and only found one that took safety as keenly as MFC.With 22 years working in Air traffic I have witnessed some awful airmanship from other flying club aircraft who should have known better. If the MFC screwed up bigtime they would be off the airfield.

The secondary duty officer I C has an affinity withn the club and like me wishes that the stirrers would speak up in person instead of waffling on with ill informed gossip.

Club fees do vary for full(RAF) members and associates(civvy) not by a huge amount. Civvy members are needed to keep the club in business. Contrary to belief a lot of the serving RAF want nothing to do with aircraft when they are off duty.Hourly rates are lower than some clubs this is mostly because you have to do a lot of the work yourself, not just drive up and fly off.Its certainly not a case of the taxpayer paying a subsidy.