PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flywho
Thread: Flywho
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 22:03
come on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with you jmc757, I've seen the stand in T1 but they'll need more than that and an uninformative website to sell their seats. I'm really surprised they're working with just what appears to be one operator to Florida and a little known one at that. If this venture was seen as a viable proposition the major tour operators to Florida would be queing up to have allocations on their flights. I'm also yet to see any kind of advertising. You'd think the whole BHX area would be awash with it. If it gets off he ground it will be little more than a second rate charter. The whole thing smacks of despiration.

I'm very surpirised at the choice of aircraft (despiration again maybe) and the type of operation. From the beginning flywho have claimed they will be ofering a premium product. Fair enough but let's be honest, knackered old L1011's (great in their day) but their tatty ageing interiors are hardly state of the art and lend themselves to a quality premium product. I can't imagine they (if there is to be more than one aircraft) will have new interiors, just larger seats and a possible flywho respray. The seats will probably not be a new design or made especially for flywho but be ex XYZ airways business or first class seats. The flights will not be operated by flywho crews but by crews (and with all respect to them) that are used to operating packed solid charter flights, where will the flywho ethos be there? Offering a premium service takes more than offering a fancy meal, a hot towel and a bottle of wine. The established UK charter airlines have got their act together and now offer better leg room, an upgraded inflight service and on modern reliable aircraft. The UK/Florida market is huge and there probably is room for another airline but I seriously dought it will be flywho.

want2fly, you're right, we all have to take risks but there are risks and there are risks. I admire your confidence in flywho and all the best to you if you decide to join them.