PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zurich UAC transfer to Geneva UAC postponed.
Old 15th Mar 2006, 21:43
F4F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

As a user (or shall I use the word "customer") of the Swiss ATC services, I gotta say that I'm not overly impressed.
Compared to what we see around the world, the worst; well most of Africa, most of the Far East. Closer to dear ol'Europe, the messy friendliness of the Italian, the favoritism of Spain, etc.
Now the best; IMHO, in Britain, seconded by Germany, the Netherlands and some of their American counterparts.
Skyguide? Well, without resorting to the wording as used by "aeropest", they have to end up in between or in the first group: Ridiculous spacings, rigid as can be, uncoordinated efforts, high costs (no wonder, plenty vacation, plenty wages, cosy retirement at 55), inefficient, and last but not least, the "we are the best" attitude that was so dear to Swissair and remains present within most of LH South
To sum it up, a real dinosaur...

On the other hand, who are we pilots to judge? Just trained monkeys, pushing some knobs, responding to some predefined situation, reading checklists... Vastly overpaid and underworked, served coffee and sweets by some of the most attractive females... We sure can't have a clue as how enduring and challenging ATC work is...
We are just left do the same as you gals and guys: ADMIRE

P.S.
This little devil is sooo cute!