PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 15th Mar 2006, 20:07
cochise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a problem. Was born in Singapore but my parents are from Trinidad & Tobago in the southern caribbean. I went to FlightSafety Academy in Vero Beach Florida and did my CPL/Multi/IR plus an instructors rating there. You have the option under the J1 visa in the states to continue there for a year as an instructor to build time if you get selected. I went back to the Caribbean and instructed in light aircraft and built some time as a charter pilot on a Cessna 402. After about a year I went back up to the states and did everything from Instructing on about 15 different types of light singles and twins to flying charter in a KingAir 200 to flying cargo in an ancient beech 18. After that I went back to Asia to take a look around but found it very difficult. I got offered a job with the MFA and accepted but the same day I got a call for a Dash-8 Job in the caribbean...needless to say I was on the next plane home. I've been working here for about a year now and hopefully will have my command within the next 2 if things keep going the way they are...
hope this helps