PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin Engine Piston Pilot
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 18:53
duir

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings old bean and I am not saying all companies have the same policy. However in some respects I would say that flying a light piston twin single pilot IFR is potentially some of the most demanding and hazardous flying out there and these operators want experienced bods on the job. I would suggest getting into ANY flying job you can and building your experience. I went straight onto the FI course the day after the IR and started work a week after the licence arrived. I simply could not stand the idea of spending a couple of years on training and £50000 to not fly something for a living. After 5 months of full time FI I just had my first interview and looks like I will be getting another interview soon. This is due to having a flying job, several hundred hours, location and most important of all the the contacts I have made through instructing. Lets not be too mercenary about instructing either as it has improved me as a pilot 110% and it's superb fun and tres rewarding. I fully intend to keep instructing in the longterm and I feel it really is the best choice for a low houred pilot to improve.