PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zurich UAC transfer to Geneva UAC postponed.
Old 15th Mar 2006, 18:13
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Flowman,

just had a look at the ANM, not a pretty sight indeed. I rekon you have the 20/30% reductions from your internal channels? If so, ugly doesn't come close.

Originally Posted by flowman
Unfortunately all the controllers who are supposed to work the Zurich airspace are currently in Geneva having been transferred there in preparation for the move. They will now have to return to Zurich as rapidly as possible to man the sectors tomorrow (Thursday 16th March).
As it's a mere 3 hour drive/3:30 train trip airport to airport and the decision seems to have been taken somewhere early this afternoon, that positioning should be not too much of a problem... Made the trip many times myself, even commuting many moons ago, it's teidious but feasible. Some hotels are gonna have a lot of extra business tough.

I'm amazed how something like this can happen! Anyone from CH care to add anything?
Seems to have come as a total surprise to all involved. No details knows so far at this end other than the go ahead for the move by the Swiss authorities has not been granted as expected. What the reason for this is is unknown so far but they better be good. Clearly, the pieces of this need to be picked up and put in order before things will get back to normal.

After the events which have shaken this country's civil aviation since 2001, it appears to me that many things are proceeding with much more caution than in the old days. This can be a good thing if there is a viable reason behind it, but it can also be fairly paralyzing at times. The one thing I would like to know at this stage is why the go/no go decision had to be left this late?

Best, AN2 Driver

@aeropers

Your track record is amazing. 3 posts and 3 total and utter rants without anything contributing to the thread.... you must be really really frustrated, or what is your agenda here?

Well, I've got news for you. Many people are frustrated here over the developments of the last years, but most of us are trying to cope to the best of our possibilities and abilities. Yet I am pretty darn sure that a lot of the current situation (in the post 2001 Swiss Aviation in general, not particularly this incident) has to do with the always present negativism that is plaguing this country and it's aviation environment since ever I can think back. Amongst other things it cost us both national carriers. If you want to make an example of this attitude, you are doing a good job. Reading your posts, at least nobody needs to wonder anymore how that happened .

I've asked you before, after post no2, if the organisation you chose as your forum nic is aware and condoning what you are out here? Knowing quite a few of it's members I rather doubt it. In fact, I wonder if you are trying to make it look as if... but then again, who knows...