PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 14:29
pek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by planestupid
Guys, PPRUNE is a great way for us to voice our otherwise unheard opinions. We have to get the word out. Why should we be paid much less than industry standard when foreign companies are offering much more. We're worth more than we realize... remember LT has a lot of clout because he has the money. Then again we too have a lot of clout (at least collectively). Planes don't fly by themselves!! (Well they do acutually.. but don't tell anyone!!) There has to be unity when it comes to dealing with management. Voicing our opinions is good, but unless someone stands up and is heard.. it's useless. But who? Who in this environment of terrorized employees is going to give up what they've worked so hard for, for so many years? Who is going to risk losing their retirement? Who is going to give up their command? Who is going to sacrifice their livelihood and family? JDC? Our dead alpap? Unions work because of the mere fact that people are united. United against opportunists like LT that flaunt his wealth on the Forbes billionaire's list. http://news.inq7.net/nation/index.ph...lished_site=16
We need to be united. Not to sabotage PAL or CP, but to make it fairer and safer. Tell me who wants to get into a plane when they know that one of the pilots is straight out of flying school with 200 hours? Leaving pilots means that invaluable experience goes to other companies that reap the benefits. Why should SingCargo, Cathay, Korean Air get pilots that the Philippines has produced and paid for? I can see management's point... but they've got it all wrong. I know most of you share this view. I read it on this forum, read it in the paper, and hear it on the flightdeck. So then... What are we going to do about it???

Uh, what was so great about this post? Somebody hit the nail on the head when he said this forum would never be an avenue for redress. Guys, wake up.