PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 15th Mar 2006, 13:20
demandpump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cochise
Malaysia is a different place when it comes to employment. Like I said in my earlier post "it's not what you know but who you know". I learned that in Malaysia that "it's not who you know, but who knows you!" It's very hard to get in touch with people and arrange meetings with companies and they want experience on type. The usually only take direct entry captains if you're foreign.
In the end I got offered a job as an instructor with the Malaysian Flying Academy but ended up turning it down because I got my current job offer. You really have to have a few connections in Malaysia to get a job and as for a Singaporean I'm sure it will prove a lot more challenging!
There is one thing you're right about though...Turboprops are more fun! Sorry I just had to poke fun at the jet jocks!
Hi cochise,
Could you share with us your aviation experience. Where you did your CPL training? What was your first job? What citizenship do you hold? (born in Singapore?) How did you get to your current job in the Caribbean...etc

Thanks!