PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disillusioned - persuade me to stay?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 21:03
threepointonefour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by southside
...hmmm..lol. There is a common theme here. Firstly you don't like getting shot at...well, we can all echo that sentiment but to be honest, if it came as a surprise to you that the bad guys would shoot at you then maybe a military career isn't for you.....
19 yrs so far having joined at 18, so I don't think you can level the 'military career not for you' comment at me! ... I just don't feel indestructible anymore and need more of an incentive (than, "you can spend 9.5 of the next 17 yrs out of the country, and we won't tell you where you're going next") to literally put my ass on the line these days. The money is 'c0%& all' use to my family if I get wasted in some faraway land (insert as appropriate).

Originally Posted by southside
and secondly, you don't like the coffee. Why don't you get nicer coffee then. Surely you are not gonna tell me that the RAF even dictate which brand of coffee you choose to drink.?
You're right there - I don't, I do, and they don't. My point was that as I provide my own coffee, it no longer classes as 'free' and therefore isn't a 'pro' !!

Originally Posted by L J R
Anyone got some rose coloured glasses for sale, I'm kinda short of 'em here.
I think some fat navigator sat on mine in 1994 ...