PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Deck Retirement Ages
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 20:57
dusk2dawn
Transparency International

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The general JAA rule is:
JAR–FCL 1.060 Curtailment of privileges of licence holders aged 60 years or more
(See Appendix 1 to JARFCL 1.060)
(a) Age 60–64. The holder of a pilot licence who has attained the age of 60 years shall not act as a pilot of an aircraft engaged in commercial air transport operations except:
(1) as a member of a multi-pilot crew and provided that,
(2) such holder is the only pilot in the flight crew who has attained age 60.
(b) Age 65. The holder of a pilot licence who has attained the age of 65 years shall not act as a pilot of an aircraft engaged in commercial air transport operations.
(c) Any national variant to the requirements in (a) and (b) above are given in Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.060
-
In Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.060 it says:
Appendix 1 to JAR–FCL 1.060
National Variants on Curtailment of privileges of licence holders aged 60 years or more (See JAR-FCL 1.060)
National Variants
The following national variant on JAR-FCL 1.060 has been filed to the JAA:
-
- France – (F)JAR-FCL 1.060
- Italy – (I)JAR-FCL 1.060
- Portugal – (P)JAR-FCL 1.060
- Hungary – (H)JAR-FCL 1.060
-
(I)JAR–FCL 1.060 Curtailment of privileges of licence holders
aged 60 years or more (Italy)
The holder of a pilot licence who has attained the age of 60 shall not act as a pilot of an aircraft engaged in commercial air transport.
(F)JAR–FCL 1.060 Curtailment of privileges of licence holders
aged 60 years or more (France)
(a) According to ICAO Annex 1 standards, the holder of a pilot licence
who has attained the age of 60 shall not act as pilot-in-command of an aircraft engaged in commercial air transport operations in the airspace of France.
(b) The holder of a pilot licence who has attained the age of 60 shall not act as a pilot of an aircraft in commercial air transport operations under the jurisdiction of the French National Aviation.
(P)JAR–FCL 1.060 Curtailment of privileges of licence holders
aged 60 years or more (Portugal)
The holder of a pilot licence who has attained the age of 60 shall not act as a pilot of an aircraft engaged in commercial air transport.
(H)JAR–FCL 1.060 Curtailment of privileges of licence holders
aged 60 years or more (Hungary)
The holder of a pilot licence who was age of 60 shall not act as a pilot of an aircraft engaged in commercial air transport operations except:
(a) As a member of a multi-pilot crew and provided that,
(b) Such holder is the only pilot in the flight crew who has attained age 60. The person who was age of 62 years shall not act as a pilot of an aircraft engaged in commercial air transport operations.
Regarding the actual enforcement of these rules I know from firsthand experience that France and Italy do regular inspections of foreign aircrews. I have never seen a Portugese inspector and I have never been to Hungary.