PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disillusioned - persuade me to stay?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 20:33
Testingtheseatlimit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard Decisions to make!

Reasons to stay:

Job Security - You know, more or less, how much time you are certain of employment
Friendship - lots of like-minded individuals
Pay - not bad - see first point
Pension - secure, (but not awesome compared to some) (wouldn't advise people to join for new scheme though!)
CEA - Good deal.

Reasons to depart:

Absence: Too much time away
Good deals: Seem to get less and less (Travel, allowances etc)
Op Tours: Seem to get more and more
Equipment: Bad and getting worse (take a look at DPAs current track record!) (probably my biggest gripe!)
JPA: Admin burden may increase (I stand to be corrected with this one)
Flying: Don't know that many really happy fliers, aware that they exist though Southside!
Poor Leadership: See all of the above.
Poor prospects: For all but the chosen few (May just be a generational thing!) and , of course, Yes men.
Triv: On a constant increase
Feeling valued: Just don't anymore (again, could be a personal problem on my part)
Uncertainty: too much change, too quickly

I've had a reasonable 21 years, haven't yet made a final decision, but starting to feel its time to go. I too will be sad, as the RAF I joined was a hoot. Not sure that there's a lot of alternatives out there though (that would be a vastly different proposition, could be that all of our society stinks at the moment), except maybe starting your own business (Risky!).

Overall feeling: Negative and descending fast!!
And please don't say: "if you don't like it leave!" I think my time served deserves more understanding than that!!!