PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disillusioned - persuade me to stay?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 20:00
The Helpful Stacker

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
I was asked by my boss if I'd recommend the RAF to a friend the other day. "Not if I wanted to keep them as a friend", was my response.

I've had some good times over the years, nearly always down to the people not the service, but unfortunately it seems we are being taken advantage of and the good times will dry up as people find themselves short of time in which to have a laugh.

The old argument is "well its always been like this, just get on with it" but it hasn't always been like this. We have more overseas commitments than we have had for a very long time and they don't seem like they'll be decreasing significantly anytime soon yet the people available to man them are.

Even the lowliest of SAC's now wears multiple hats, whether they be purely trade related or one or more from the many duties outside of our primary role, yet once again the AFPRB has kicked us in the teeth, showing what value it and therefore the government places on the efforts and hard work of the men and women of the Armed Forces.

I will sad in a way to leave in 2007, as I said I've had some good times in the strangest of places all over the world but I feel betrayed by those appointed higher in the food chain to look out for us little people and betrayed by a government that loves to take the plaudits that the Armed Forces gain for them yet show very little love back.