PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - johor flying club
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 08:12
billkill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fyi, I am not saying that malaysian flying clubs are lousy and that you people should not go for it. I am targeting those who aspire to join SIA and share whatever info I have.

Maybe this is not suited for this thread (should be in the SIA Cadet one) but it's not my perception. It's the panel's. The people who have the power. I am just giving advise on those that consider just finding a cheap and quick way out just to get into SIA. It doesn't work like that. They do base on where you took your instruction, how many hours and all that. This this how they judge and also many factors are put into consideration. It's not up to me as I am not one of them.

However, if you love flying, want to learn, by all means, I agree with 9M-. As I said before, I do fly in malaysia. I have friends all over who fly. I have met instructors that instruct just for the money and some that don't give a damn about their students. That's why I mentioned also...please choose good instruction. If it's cheap, that's great. I personally have a passion for flying and safety and really do not wish anyone I know would learn from these people. (few of them are from australian flying clubs too). I am sure 9M- knows more than me about flying in malaysia. You all can get info from him if you wish to take up flying there. Recs are very important.

By the way,
I advise those trying to get into SIA with whatever info I can share. I am not judging standards as I don't have the right to. Moreover, it's subjective.