PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots ready to fight Jetstar in court
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 05:38
OhSpareMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm...........lets see now.
Have a very close look at the essence of your post. You seem to be saying; "I don't care about anyone else but me", but then you imply that Jetstar pilots should have taken a different course of action in order to protect your conditions and those of the industry in general. So how is it that just because you're a genuine bona-fide Qantas Pilot (if I could emboss the words I've just typed in gold I would - really) you feel no responsibility at all to assist your peers achieve better conditions? Are you content to all let us "rot in hell" while you stay safe and warm upon your lofty perch? Do you always get others to fight your battles?
errrr...........Jetstar pilots can negotiate whatever they want. They are not protecting anybodys conditions except their own. Am I also responsible for the conditions at Virgin Blue?
The fate of the aviation industry in Australia is portrayed as being in the hands of Jetstar's pilots alone - everyone else is a victim. How about you all stop being victims and start helping yourselves by helping everybody else.
That is your intepretation. You are entitled to that view. I don't share it. Like I said above - Jetstar are looking out for themselves and good on them. E
a) Because AIPA is openly opposed to the expansion of the company we work for.
And where would that policy have been expressed? (in writing please). Back it up with facts, because your statement runs counter to what I have read and heard from AIPA.
) Because the ARG in particular has only attempted to converse with us in order to promote the cause of the vast majority of its membership - Qantas Pilots - at our expense. Other than that we've never been acknowledged by the CoM (ask the CoM yourself why we've never been asked to pay a single premium, even after over 18 months as "members".)
Please explain how AIPA is promoting the cause at your expense? (18 months without paying a membership premium. Guess you are doing well on that front) I am up for 0.85% and probably some more.
c) Because those 30 pilots hoped to demonstrate faith that both of our pilot bodies could begin to work together. That faith has not been returned. See point (a). Why would anybody else join?
In what way were they demonstrating faith? Perhaps they saw it as a good move to join as individuals. Nobody is holding a gun to head and telling them to join. It is their prerogative to join if they so wish. I would prefer them to join and negotiate with AIPA but the fact is most of them haven't joined and that is OK with me. What I said before is that the offer is there for them to join. It is not a question of them 'not being good enough' If they wish to go their own way to so be it. No problem with that.

So Hooker Bear - what exactly would you like me to do for you?
Say a prayer? Lay asleep at night worrying about how you are -as you put it - rotting in hell?

The reality is that you work for one company, and I work for another. Each company has its own employment contract that the representatives of the employees (AIPA and JPC) separately negotitated.

I didn't know JETSTAR had a base in Khazakhstan?

Last edited by OhSpareMe; 14th Mar 2006 at 05:56.