PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset , Which One To GET?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2006, 09:52
DB6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Genghis says a well worn thread, but always worth an update.
As you're in Malaysia I don't know if there are any shops you can try some headsets out in, but if not you can look at www.transair.co.uk or www.flightstore.co.uk or www.gps.co.uk .
If you're looking for a non-ANR headset then the DC 10-13.4 will take a lot of beating, however the Sennheiser HME100 is worth a look as well. If you want ANR then the Bose-X is top of the range HOWEVER it has two major faults in my opinion: firstly it has very poor passive noise attenuation so does very little to block high frequency hiss/wind noise etc; secondly it is massively overpriced. Also they fall off if you do aerobatics. I have a Sennheiser HMEC-400 and it soundly whups the Bose on both those counts (used in both light piston and regional turboprop aircraft) and stays on during aerobatics. Other ANR sets worth considering are DC 10-13X, Sennheiser HMEC 350/450 and possibly Lightspeed Thirty-3G.
If you do a search on this forum you will find a few threads on this subject, all worth a look, but the best advice I can give is try before you buy if possible.