PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2006, 07:35
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bisaya
the House committee on labor and employment, Rep. Roseller Barinaga, included aircraft personnel, information technology (IT) engineers and electronic technicians as part of the brain drain that he says is debilitating the country. He also mentioned in passing the shortage of doctors, teachers and health industry workers (which presumably includes nurses, whom he does not specifically mention). But the figures he cited have to do mostly with pilots.
I don't get this at all. They say there is a brain drain in the country ???
I know 6 doctors here in Sydney who are working as nurses, factory workers and insurance agents because they say that there are no jobs in the hospitals which I believe because another 12 nurses are here working as either nurses or office workers citing the same reasons. And I am sure a lot of them are leaving Philippines not only because of a better life but because of under-employment. The last time I was there, I met a "balut" vendor who has a degree in medicine. Apparently couldn't get a job. Are they ( the govt )just telling lies to justify their actions ???

"students must now pay the entire tuition cost (around P1.9 million at present) within a year of entering the school. "

with the state of the economy, who in their right minds would pay for this not unless you have a strong financial supporter ??.... not even most Filipinos overseas would be game enough to pay for their type rating.

I'd be very interested to see how they can entice pilots overseas to comeback especially the ones who has been with PAL disillusioned and bitter.

People like me were thinking about coming back home to fly for them but with all this Bull**** about 6 months notice, license renewal every 6 months, crappy pay and 5 year bans, who in their right minds would even consider ?
People are dying to get out.

For me to even consider PAL over QANTAS would be unthinkable.

D6

Last edited by DeltaSix; 11th Mar 2006 at 09:51.