PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 777 rosters
Thread: EK 777 rosters
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2006, 18:01
1pilot12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK 777 rosters

Having read several threads i'm surprised how narrow the criteria some potential new hires use for joining EK.

You can have a sweet roster and be miserable. I for one welcome a 9 day trip that gets me out of dubai and away from the bigotted hypocritical society and company management. If you know what goes on in EK it can be too much to handle. Ignorance is bliss.

When you are treated in a penny pinching disrespecful manner on a daily working basis it is so refreshing to get out of here and smell some open free societies. No place is perfect but few could compare to the gross hypocrisy found in this part of the world.

When I fly with a new hire now and he voluntary left a western type airline I instantly lose respect for him unless he has some great excuse - and most definitely not the one where he says he always wanted to fly a widebody. Remember you always wanted to fly a jet and that 737 or emb145 looked so fine? It's a different peg on the ladder but it's the same ladder.

management has progressively become more arab and will continue as there is a directive for 'emiratization' of companies, most particularely government owned. As a foreigner they don't like you and think you greedy (boeing chief pilot). If you have a difference of opinion with an arab you will lose! You have no rights, be clear on that and extend your emagination as to what that means. This is a tribal society with a concrete and glass facade. They are loyal to their own.