PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin time in US
Thread: Twin time in US
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2006, 15:04
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I just got off the phone with a WONDERFULL lady named Mary, She just gave me a break down of the P1 program and informed me that they have not updated their website with the new information. for the 100 hour P1 program I will be the soul manipulator of the controlls and NOT safety pilot Under FAA rules a safety pilot can log pic but Under JAA you can not. So they quoted me a price for the 100 hours $10,912.19 and if i decided to only do 50 hours it was $5,854.48 so i think your math may have been a bit off or someone quoated you the wrong price.

So if i were you i would call them
Hhmm. Nope on checking I think my maths is right. They charge for FAA land 6,995USD for 100 hours (from their website). Thats 50 hours JAA time if you take out the safety pilot time that we all know about already. But really it is only 45 hours P1 time as in the 100 hours (or 50 if you like under JAA) they want to do 5 hours of check outs. Then add on a fuel surcharge of 10 bucks per hour which is another 1,000USD. Add on another 300 USD for a check ride assuming you don't need any additional ratings with them. Total cost I get is 8,295USD. Divide the 45 hours P1 into 8,295 and hey presto you get 184USD p/hr. Or do 50 if you want total time you can log under JAA and its 165USD p/hr. All subject of course to whether the prices on their website are up to date or not.

Now under this new JAA thingie you say its 10,912.19USD for 100 hours. That is 109USD p/hr. No idea if that includes fuel surcharges or check rides or anything else but it seems way way way off the 165USD that you get when you work through their website. Be interesting to know how the big difference comes about and if we are comparing apples with oranges ie: Your price assumes you spend other cash with them for training or there are other add ons.

Key question for you to ask them. Will there be anyone else in that aircraft with you for the 100 hours?

Remember if it sounds to good to be true then it usually is.