PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stop encouraging... (merged with 'Is there any hope')
Old 10th Mar 2006, 00:36
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woof

A320

I don't work for a school. I did, but extra students never got me more money.That is how I came to know what I was talking about, unlike you, because I saw dozens of students through their groundschool courses and got to know many others. I now know the multitude of jobs they have managed to find, some of them by hard work, some just by patience still others by luck and good contacts. Sir Norman sounds remarkably like one of mine, who is not arrogant just a damned good pilot and of whom I am immensely proud as I helped him and he is now doing what he wants to do after working hard for it.

I am not giving fake hope, but trying to tell the truth, unlike you.
when I say job, I say a job on a 2 pilots aircrafts
This just shows your ignorance and snobbery that is obvious however much you deny it. It also shows you haven't read my profile before attacking me - as I fly single-crew. In my first month I have been paid more than most starting turbo-prop FOs, and I have had a much more varied schedule. It is an incredibly rewarding job, which I absolutely love, and challenging flying; I laughed today coming out of Liverpool when some twin-crew driver asked for vectors to his waypoint when his FMS failed, having neither FMS nor PNF to assist me.

If you dismiss single-crew flying then it is quite obvious both why you are not getting a job and why you feel cheated in this. You are not really a pilot, just someone who has been trained to drive aircraft for a living. Sir Norman expressed so well what he did to get a job, and it is clear someone of your attitude would not do so. You can't find work and feel cheated precisely because you seem to have done this for the money and prestige of a jet job, not for the love of flying like Sir Norman did. It has always been easier for those that really love flying to get a job.
if some guys really believe they can land a well paid job after a commercial license and a MCC, let me know how you are going to do that...I love to read pink stories!!!
I know many who have done so. Have you the statistics to back what you assert?

Show some consideration and don't randomly quote an entire post that appears just above yours!