PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stop encouraging... (merged with 'Is there any hope')
Old 9th Mar 2006, 19:54
Sir Norman Fry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320, you really do talk a load of bollox! Before I started flying, I used to read PPrune and threads like this and I used to think "how will I ever get a job?" Then somebody said to me, "If you listen to some of those pathetic wan**** who post on PPrune you will never do it and pshyc yourself out of a potentially great career for yourself!"

So I ignored PPrune from then on and went away and did MY thing. And do you know something? Thank god I followed my own advice because I now fly an A320 for major UK airline! And do you know what I did before flying the A320? I flew the B737 for another major airline! (Sorry to those people that may find this arrogant, I don't mean it to be, just proving a point!) As for all this no jobs blah blah bull ****, you are unlucky my friend. You are unlucky because of the type of person you come across as on this website. You make your own luck in this world and nobody will hand you the luxury jet job on a plate!

I scraped ****e off the bottoms of light aircraft, washed them in the freezing cold, worked a 14 hour day at my local flying school which was non-stop and then walked two miles to the train station for an hours train journey home. And what was I paid? Nothing except free flying hours which at the time were priceless to me! All my mates had monetary paid jobs and had a great life compared to me. However, I am now having the last laugh!

A few facts: My dad is not a millionnaire (nor am I), and is not the chief pilot of x airline. I got a job with 250hrs on the B737. Why? Because I was lucky and was in the right place at the right time. I did this off my own back with lots of hard work and effort and committment. I did not spend my days moaning and crying about why BA had not called to offer me a 777 job.

If I walk down to my local pub now, I can guarantee the bar will be full of Pilots. Go and ask one of them if they regret their career choice? Or if they had an easy ride in getting a job flying a jet or any type of aircraft for that matter? I can be sure what they would all say.

You should listen to what send clowns has to say! I know him well as he trained me at flight school. A wise guy with some very valid points. He does not fly jets for an airline, but is he happy with his flying job? You bet he is!

I can only wish you the best of luck